Emotional Support Animals

Emotional Support Animal Procedure

Emotional Support Animals - provide some therapeutic benefit to persons with mental or psychiatric disability, requiring no specific training.  The mere presence of this animal mitigates the effects of the emotional or mental disability.

This procedure is for students who live on campus in the residence halls. In order to be considered for an emotional support animal the student will need to fill out a Request for Services and submit documentation from a licensed medical professional. Once the Student Disability Resource Center receives the Request for Services and documentation we will e-mail you at your Bobcats e-mail address to set up an initial meeting with the Director. The Director will send all documentation to the Regents' Center for Learning Disorders to be evaluated to determine if you are eligible for an emotional support animal.  

If approved, the student and the Executive Director of Housing will be notified by the Director of the Student Disability Resource Center. The student is responsible for submitting any required Housing paperwork and/or payments directly to the Executive Director of University Housing.  No emotional support animal may enter a Housing facility until written approval has been granted.